Feeling Stressed - Tools to Help
My mind used to feel like this.
This is one of my girl’s bedrooms, but not long ago my mind felt like this too.
Thoughts scattered, unable to concentrate. Amplified at night when thoughts swirled in my head, affecting sleep, stressed!
It is hardly surprising with how many things I used to cram into my day and how many times I said yes when I should have politely, but firmly said NO.
If this is you too, you are not on your own, and there are things you can do to help manage these feelings. These are just a few.
- Say NO - if it doesn't feel right, don't do it.
- Exercise - pick something you want to do and give it a go.
- One good thing - identify one positive event that happened each day and tell someone about it.
- Daily goal - set a daily goal, one that is simple and achievable, and track the progress.
- Breath – stop and breath.
- Live for now - pay attention to what's happening now, rather than what has passed and what may, or may not happen in the future.
- Bowen Therapy - Book in for a Bowen Therapy session.
Bowen Therapy moves help to restore balance within the bodies nervous system, moving from "fight or flight" to "rest and repair." It also helps to release physical tension such as, a tensed jaw, hunched shoulders, tight neck, stooped posture, digestive disturbances and breathing difficulties.
Unlike the bedroom next to me, my brain feels much tidier now and I feel more like me. If you want to discuss how Bowen Therapy can help you, message me or book a session.
Posted in Blog on Mar 09, 2021